Thursday, November 20, 2008

Manamana

Yes, the Dead Hensons, the Muppet cover band will be playing in San Francisco on Saturday night. Yes! It's an 8-piece funk band that plays only songs from Sesame Street. Nothing is happier than songs from childhood with beer and a bunch of other adults singing and dancing along. I am so finding my way there.

R&D, you are so jealous right now.

5 comments:

The Buck Shoots Here said...

You have no idea.

Do do do do do!

Unknown said...

What's even more interesting is yours is the second consecutive blog I've read that references "Mahna-Mahna" (see also: http://joeposnanski.com/JoeBlog/2008/11/20/batting-average-home-runs-rbis/)

And he also said it is in the genetic structure of people of a certain age group that when one person starts humming "Mahna mahna...", another will chime in with "do do do-do-do". Looks more and more like this one is: CONFIRMED!

Traveling Jones said...

Know what's even funnier? It was made apparent to me a couple of years ago that the song originated in a Swedish porn film. So while in America we hum "bow-chick-a-bow-bow" to signify randy behavior, the Swedes are humming "mahna-mahna". If I can, I'll try to find the YouTube video proof. No idea if it's been lost to Great Deleted Database in the Sky, however.

Unknown said...

I thought I remembered it being Italian, but I've heard the same thing...except for the lineage.

Miriam. said...

Do do do-do-do! AWESOME! I'm totally jealous.