I ran into one of the veteran English teachers while at the copy machine yesterday afternoon. He asked me how things were going. My reply was that there was a week left and I was still standing. What was I supposed to say: the truth? Sometimes I am treated like such crap that I want to crawl into a little ball and, well, bawl? He told me that I had spunk. We'll see if "spunk" gets me through next year.
Hell, we'll see if it gets me through the summer. I found out I get to teach rising Freshman who need extra skills. It's a chance to be "creative"; read: create a new curriculum, again. I'm still waiting to do something again so I don't have to keep starting from scratch. I guess the students will rotate through 3-4 classes per day. So, I'll only have to create one one-hour lesson per day, but it means I'll have God-knows how many students. I was looking forward to having 40 instead of 180.
On Monday, I'll try to figure out if this class has existed before so I hit the previous victi-- volunteer -- up for some help.
Saturday, June 6, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I would try to do one thing-- read a cool book and build everything around it, or write autobiographies focusing on what's gone right, what's gone wrong, and what can be done to start HS off right.
Either that or bring your European water to work :)
OK. So what book would freshmen find cool AND be acceptable to admin? (I have a great one, but it would get me fired due to language and adult content.)
Post a Comment