Monday, December 22, 2008

Planes, Trains, and Automobiles

Well, it looks like I'll be spending Christmas in Portland. After a rather quixotic, and long, trip to the airport this morning, my flight to Seattle was cancelled. It looked like maybe my flight to Bozeman was still on, but there was no way to get to Seattle to catch it. Planes have been grounded in Portland off-and-on since Saturday, so everything is super-packed. And, rumor has it that PDX has run out of deicing fluid; without that, no one is going anywhere on any airline.

I've already heard of some orphan Christmases, so I won't be alone. And all of your presents will be late. I can barely get to a post office, let alone know if the mail is actually getting through.

2 comments:

The Buck Shoots Here said...

So here's a fine question... does the airline refund your ticket price? Do you eat the cost? Just idle curiosity from someone in a serious debt paydown mode...

Bummer that you don't get to meet the new little guy yet! Glad you're safe, regardless.

Traveling Jones said...

Airline will refund my ticket or fly me at no extra cost until December 28.