Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
The home of Krazy Karoline's Kulinary Kreations; Kwilts, Krafts, and Knits; and Kantankerous Kurriculum. All stories relating to real people have probably been embellished to make the story better. David Sedaris and Sarah Vowell are my heroes, so take that for what it's worth.
5 comments:
Garbage, "Push It"
The Killers (just pick a song, most will do)
Jamiroquai, "Little L"
Strangely, one of my 'pace' albums is Dido's "No Angel" album. Although downbeat, most of the songs have about the same rhythm and it's compatible enough with my exercise rhythm to allow me to pace myself over a 45 minute workout.
Funny storry about "Little L" -- I used to love motorcycling to songs with a disco beat for some reason. We were blasting down the oregon coast one time with about five friends from work on our way to northern california. As we came into a little town and the speed limit dropped, I stood up on my footpegs to stretch my legs out and 'readjust'... just as Little L came on. Thanks to a throttle lock, I suddenly found myself doing the full-on "Saturday Night Fever" dance while standing on my pegs. I'm surprised I didn't get pulled over or fall off or something.
The Fratellis' song Chelsea Dagger. That is the them song from the movie Run Fat Boy Run.
Charles likes anything from Cake. He thinking it has a nice steady beat to run his paces with.
I am running to Disney music (since that is where I will be:), So Go The Distance from Hercules is my favorite right now.
Along the Cake lines: Satan is My Motor.
My favorite Cake to run to is "Carbon Monoxide". I find it especially fitting when on the paths that run next to thehigh way. Also just added in some Arctic Monkeys and Ok Go. I'll get these little onesies in in the next couple o' days. And some teacher friends are talking about a 10k in July. That sounds fun!
Miriam beat me to it. I'd go to the iTunes store and find a band called Wild Light. They're from New Hampshire and sing about California. The whole album "Adult Nights" is fantastic, but the best ones for running are probably "My Father Was a Horse" and "Red House".
Also, anything by James. I can't be unenergetic when I listen to them.
Oh yeah, and Liam Finn's "Second Chance".
Post a Comment