Saturday, May 9, 2009

Two For the Price of One

OK, still trying to get through the week two weeks ago that sent my training into a tailspin.

Bro on Friday night and climbing all day Saturday. I decided that was enough exercise to excuse a weekend.
M&D and Bro for dinner on Saturday night, then just M&D.
M&D all day Sunday.
M&D and Sister on Sunday night in San Francisco for dinner.
Me all by my lonesome on Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday. Still tired from staying up late/getting up early on the weekend. Not enough time for sleep, let alone running.
Friend from Vancouver and her friends on Thursday night.
School play and bowling on Friday night.
Los Gatos with Baby Mama and her Fam on the weekend. Rainy weather/hangover=no running.

After that crazy week, I knew I had to get back into it, but I only managed the one run during the week. I was going to do a 5 miler, but I wimped out and I'm still not sure how far I went. (I combined some routes in new ways, and I haven't looked it up yet.) I got out, but these things must change.

Which brings us to yesterday.

Back in Los Gatos for some quality time with two adorable pit bulls. Went down to the town proper for some running. Why is it that all the good running trails always run besides the highway? Beautiful greenway; nasty smells and sounds.

I've been watching some Seinfeld lately. I've even found some that I haven't seen before (or at least have forgotten that I've seen). But I was reminded of the Good Naked episode. Jerry had a girlfriend who was always naked at home. He was cool with it until she started doing things like floor sanding naked. He decided to teach her a lesson by wandering around his apartment naked, and she got grossed out. Her response was that all women are good naked. Men, on the other hand, are not. Men's bodies (she reasoned), were angular and functional, but not necessarily beautiful. You don't gaze at men's bodies, you use them. Hence, men should not just wander around naked.

So there I was on the trail, and there is this guy running the opposite way, and he's a bit on the husky side. So am I; I don't judge. But, I do wear a cute little running skirt over my spandex and I try not to advertise my jiggly middle. Dude, however, was running in spandex. No shorts, no covering of any kind. Just jiggly man-flesh encased in lycra. It was so not good. Just past him was another guy, far buffer. I might not have minded him in some spandex. He, however, was wearing normal shorts. Yay normal shorts!

I know we are all out there to get in shape, and it's not always the prettiest scene. That's fine. You do not have to look your absolute best on the trail. But dude, wear some shorts over your underwear. No one wants to see that.

And, I haven't figure out my mileages. (Maybe 6-7 miles?) But I was out for two hours, so I'm getting back on track with my distance weekends. New race: May 30. Shells is coming out to run with me. eeeeeeeee!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

And this, THIS is why I insist upon mountain biking shorts. Spandex bike shorts underneath normal looking outer shorts. I have no need to subject others to me in spandex.