Last week, I saw one of my students from last year (as in, three weeks ago) walking by my room. The next day, he concocted an excuse to stop by and visit: he wanted to make sure I still had his essay. Of course I do; he didn't need it; he really just wanted to say hi. We chatted for a few minutes about how his essay was safe and about my students during summer school -- I'm still taller than they are.
Today, a couple of my girls stopped by after class. One was dropping off some late work (yes, I take it). The other one? Out of the blue she told me that she liked my voice. I thanked her. The cool thing about that is that one of my mean students from last year made sure to leave an anonymous note on my desk telling me that he hated my voice. (It took awhile, but I think I finally pinpointed the kid -- the notes mysteriously stopped when he transferred out.)
Tuesday, July 7, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Sounds like a good day to me!
Post a Comment