Monday, July 13, 2009

A Visitor

A few days ago I saw a former student across the campus. He had been in my class and been a major pain in my side until he transferred schools. He's also a good kid, essentially, and dealing with a lot of shit (not surprising in this town). He's got a grafitti problem (so many of them do), which means he has a PO -- but it also means he's creative. I don't think his problems with the law are any more major than that. His grades sucked, his attitude was for shit, but he has a sense of humor and isn't a dummy. And for some reason, he didn't totally hate me. He even thought I was cool -- no trippin'.

He transferred schools third quarter. I ran into him at the bowling alley a couple of times, and he always said hi and gave me a hug (a side hug, yes). He came to visit school after he transferred and he came by my room to visit. I refused to let him in -- he was interrupting my class! No way! Of course, it disrupted class anyway.

Well, it seems he's a TA this summer. I don't know if he's enrolled back at my school or if he's just hanging with some friends for the summer session, but he came by class today to pick up my attendance sheet and he interrupted class. Not only did he say hi to a student (a less-than-perfectly-behaved one), but he gave me a side hug. And told them I was his girlfriend last year.

See what I mean? He's a sweetheart, but a total disruptive ass at the same time. He'd agree -- with a shit-eating grin on his face.

No comments: