I have a class with 24 boys and 9 girls.
That is not equitable.
I have spoken to counseling, and they will "try" to rectify the matter. They don't take gender into consideration, though, even in such horribly unbalanced situation. I hope they do. Not only is the class off-the-hook spazzy, but in a culture that regularly degrades and devalues women, no female student should be forced to learn in that situation, especially since we as adults can make a change.
Thursday, October 8, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
My knee-jerk is "Life isn't fair, and the sooner you learn that the happier you'll be". (Ask Boy, I say that a LOT.) The follow up is that if guidance won't/can't/doesn't fix it, what can you do to make it less scary for those outnumbered girls? Which, after looking at it, is really just the next part to my knee-jerk...
Sorry to be no help at all. :)
Post a Comment