Friday, October 16, 2009

*sniffle*

Yes, the first cold of the school year is upon me. I felt the sore throat beginning on Monday night(?) Tuesday (?). Anyway, I went to the Safeway the next morning and got some Zicam. I figured it was time I tried the homeopathic remedy for real. I also tried to be more routine with my Emergen C.

It was working there for awhile, but by last night I could see the curtain falling. Or more like -- feel it. The snot was building up in my sinus cavities. And now, it is upon me. I think the Zicam helps a little, but not a whole lot. I did go to school today -- it was my prep day and they've had a lot of subs lately. I was definitely cranky by 6th block, but we made it through OK. They might have even learned something about clauses and sentence fragments. (On that side night, I am continually amazed by what they don't know. I know it's a language barrier, and not a brain thing, but they really struggle with figuring out what clause completes a thought and what doesn't. I guess they need serious reading comprehension interventions? Gah.)

This blog is poorly written. I'm stopping now before I subject you to any more of the horror. Just letting you know I'm alive, just very stuffed.

No comments: