Monday, September 1, 2008

Welcome to Krazy Karoline's Kozy Korner

Yes, the long awaited Krazy Karoline Kblog (the "k" is silent) is here. Visit this page for Krazy Karoline's Kulinary Kreations, Krazy Kwilts, Krafts, and Knits (the "k" is NOT silent), and Kantankerous Kurriculum. Maybe you'll even see some Kool Klothes and Kicking Keds.

Amazing, isn't it, how useful the letter "k" is?

The whole "Krazy Karoline" thang started, oh, 5 years ago while I was still living in the Bull City. I am a horrible packrat, especially where stashes are concerned (fabric, yarn, paper, drywall screws -- I horde it all). I had finally started making a crazy quilt to use up my fabric scraps. I figured I could justify holding onto all those useful (yet so useless) ends of fabric if I made a crazy quilt. Deep down I knew it would take me at least 10 years to finish the quilt, meaning I was forcing myself into a decade-long relationship with four plastic tubs of fabric scraps. Meanwhile, I joined a stitch and bitch group. In a stunning coup, I was hosted stitch and bitch one night (oh, was Michael jealous -- it meant I was "in" you see). And, inviting them over to see Krazy Karoline's Krazy Kwilt seemed so much more fun than just "having some friends over for desert and knitting". And I thought the fame would keep me on track.

Well, it's been five years and I'm a good 12 squares in. Yes. 12. I've moved the darned (ha ha) thing four times -- once across the entire country. In that time I've finished three other quilts -- all for other people. One was hand quilted. Yeah. Do you see where I'm going with this krazy theme?

The moral of the story? Get married and I'll make you a quilt. Maybe I should take my own advice?

Nah.

That's krazy talk.

No comments: