Saturday, October 25, 2008

In Memorium

For KJG and CJC.

Suicide is Painless, Johnny Mandel and Mike Altman
Just Like Suicide (acoustic), Soundgarden
Suicide, T. Pain
The Only Difference Between Martyrdom And Suicide Is Press Coverage, Panic at the Disco
Beautiful Girls, Sean Kingston
Country Death Song, Violent Femmes
We Both Go Down Together, The Decembrists
John Allyn Smith Sails, Okkervil River
Into the Ocean, Blue October
Swandive, Ani DiFranco
Who's Afraid (Of the Art of Noise), The Art of Noise
Love is Suicide, Smashing Pumpkins
Suicide, Kamelancien
Suicides Underground, Air
Goodbye Baby Baby Goodbye, Van Morrison
The Will to Live, Ben Harper

7 comments:

The Buck Shoots Here said...

Should I be worried?

Katie said...

Good question, Rach.

Traveling Jones said...

No. There are clues in this blog (and others) that this is not about me.

A close reading of the set list also shows that the final track is the refutation of the previous songs. So, what meaning can we ascribe to the one outlier? What does it tell us about the author of this list?

You can take the English teacher out of the classroom...

Katie said...

This is where my expertise falls short, so Rach and Weather Boy can take it from here.

Anonymous said...

I feel your pain atleast for one of them... I have been missing him lately... =(

The Buck Shoots Here said...

Worried does not necessarily mean I was worried about you acting on this list... it could also be a question about your state of peace, especially in conjunction with recent posts describing the troubles in your new job. I do not fear you will ever take a flying leap from which you cannot return, but I do worry about you being happy.

Traveling Jones said...

While things here might be less than ideal, this post is nothing more (or less) than a memorial to those I know who have committed suicide.