...Living in the valley.
It's closer to the truth to say that it's been a long week (and I do realize it isn't even quite Friday yet). Fist-fights in class, candy theft, intolerant adults... Just part and parcel of my new life. Really, the adults in this community seem to be as closed-minded and bigoted as the children -- hmm, I wonder wehre the kids get it from. I guess I've spoiled myself by living in liberal centers of conservative states (the Chapel Hill Zoo, Weird Portland). I always thought Californians were liberal, but I am quickly learning that that is far from a true stereotype.
Also, my curriculum isn't what I would like it to be, so I'm having difficulty writing a good test that also tests only what I've taught. My own fault, this, but a problem none-the-less.
Wednesday, October 15, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Closed minded adults are way harder to take than children of the same... I guess there's still hope with the children. Candy theft is a serious offense. I hope you find the perpetrator.
Post a Comment