Saturday, May 30, 2009

Almost Famous

Shells arrived this afternoon. We hit the road around 9 (after a couple of games of bowling) and just settled into the hotel. We got crappy directions from the Marriott Web site. There were a couple of places where there was a choice to go either east or west--but with no indication which direction was the correct direction. I guessed wrong the first time. The second time, we went with what the directions seemed to be saying, although I knew we wanted Berkley and not San Francisco. So after a nice scenic detour on the Oakland Bay Bridge, we turned around again. I hate bridges. But we're here now. Tomorrow: 13.1 with an awesome race mix. I had a great time putting it together. I'll have to do some more races now so I can perfect it further.

3 comments:

The Buck Shoots Here said...

Enjoy the mix and the city. Hope the run isn't too painful. And I hated crossing that bridge: all I could see were images from 1989. Maybe hating bridges is genetic, too?

I'm proud of you for doing this race. No way I would have.

Katy said...

Good luck today!

Traveling Jones said...

I think it is genetic. Mom hates bridges, B hates bridges. I think only our brother escaped.