I decided I had to up my planned vichyssoise to potato-leek-asparagus soup since I had, well, purchased aspargus as well as potatoes and leeks (and tomatoes, and cilantro, and peaches, and lettuce, and favas). I was looking through my books, and I remembered that one of the contributors to Along in the Kitchen with an Egglplant: Confessions of Cooking for One and Dining Alone wrote about eating nothing but Asparagus. While purusing her essay, I came across this quote: "At the farmer's market, I shop for a whole family. I live and cook alone."
The soup was excellent, as was the tomato soup from earlier in the week, and the corn fritters I made yesterday, and today's BLT. I have pictures of a lot of that, but my printer is making me mad and not reading my new flash card. Updates when I can actually upload my photos.
Monday, July 13, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Oh, that sounds like a great book! I just tried cooking eggplant (for one) last week, and, well, at least the dogs enjoyed it.
We gotta get you someone to cook for. I still have a hard time cooking for fewer than 6, and how long has it been since I lived under those guidelines? Good news is my 2 will eat like 4 before too much longer, so I'll be ready.
Get the book, Karl. It's awesome. And I'm good cooking for one, thanks. Read A Woman Alone by Denise Levertov. That's me, too.
Post a Comment