After sending in my documentation to my district in July, I got an email today from the state of California that I have both my emergency CTEL credential and my Single Subject Credential in English Language Arts and Social Studies. Yay!
Although my district did sit on the information for about a month (I should have called them to let them know I sent it), most of the time was taken up by the state of California. It took them about two months to admit that they were thinking about giving me a credential. Then it took them two more months to say that I didn't send in the appropriate score report. So, that it only took them a month (and over Christmas, no less) to finally issue the credential is nothing short of a miracle.
I figured I'd still be waiting for it when June 12th rolled around.
(Not to worry any of you bureaucratic types too much, I've had my Oregon credential for a couple of years now.)
Monday, January 12, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Well congrats! That is very exciting. Does this mean you can just worry about your classroom for a few months?
Post a Comment