Wednesday, April 1, 2009

When I Die...

...I'll be a Tar Heel dead.

I was in a collaboration meeting today and I mentioned something about changes in racism in the South, North Carolina specifically. I guess I haven't mentioned anything about where I've lived before in that group. One of the other teachers perked up and asked when I lived in NC. I said I went to school at Chapel Hill -- so did he! He was class of '83; me: '98.

It was instant old home week: Pepper's Pizza, He's Not, the Carolina Coffee Shop. The other two teachers in the room were a little lost. They asked what a "Tar Heel" was, so I gave them the schpiel. My Colleague in Light Blue (CiLB) said he would make sure I got it right (of course I did). I also tossed out the tidbit about it being the oldest public university in the nation. I would have told them more (I love talking Carolina), but we did have to get back to work. After the meeting, the CiLB and I walked back to our rooms (he's across the breezeway from me) and talked basketball the whole way.

This is so sweet. We shouted "Go Heels" across the breezeway all day.

No comments: