Thursday, August 20, 2009

And Another Thing

One of my students from last year transferred into my class yesterday. Today was the first day she was with me. When she came in I greated her, told her that I saw her name pop up on my roster yesterday. She told me she requested my class. Don't get me wrong, she can get surly; she's a good kid, but not a total cakewalk.

Still, it was nice.

Another student asked if I remembered his cousin (of course I did). I told him that I had noticed his last name and wondered if they were related. She told him to make sure he mentioned her to me.

Again, it was nice.

2 comments:

The Buck Shoots Here said...

Connections, baby. It's all about feeling like you belong. If more teachers really believed this, our schools would be much less threatening for many of our students.

Traveling Jones said...

You were so right last year. Some things just take time.