Monday, March 16, 2009

I'm Throwing Rocks Tonight

Actually, I was throwing wiffle balls. My only good roll was a spare pick-up on a split. For the first time, ever, in my life, I hit the 5 pin and sent it careening across the lane to hit the 7 pin. What's even better? I actually planned on doing that. I aimed that way. I set up the shot. Yeah, pretty hott.

However, even with my two disappointing 90-something games, my team pulled it out. Actually, had we been bowling last week, it wouldn't even have been a contest. A few of us were off our games tonight. But, I guess the other teachers in the area just aren't that good, because WE WON THE TOURNAMENT!!!!!

That's right, first place! We each got $25 bucks and a free game of bowling.

AND, because we've been bowling 2-3 times a week for the last month or so, all the employees were rooting for us. (Oh, and cause we're just generally awesome, friendly, super people.) We were on a broken lane, and Coriander (not her real name) even came and sat with us to fix the pins everytime it did a false re-set. Yeah, pretty sweet.

Oh, it gets even better. We get a trophy with our names on it. AND, they're going to come to the school to deliver it. AND we have a staff meeting on Thursday, so we're going to have them deliver it during the meeting. We'll be getting some mad props on this one. It is so cool.

Cinco Equis forever!

No comments: