Thursday, March 12, 2009

Too Much Rest, Not Enough Running

I've been very bad this week. I took Monday off, which is OK. I woke up super-tired. Fine. Then I didn't run on Tuesday, either. I was again super-tired. Like, get home, take a nap, grade a few papers while eating, then go back to bed tired. On Tuesday, I had even more papers to grade (rough drafts of essays), so I was up until 11 doing those (and still wasn't finished). So, I didn't run Wednesday morning. I was determined to run Wednesday night, but when I got home, I went straight to bed and slept for two hours. Then I woke up, ate dinner, and went back to bed.

That is how exciting my life has been.

Today was gorgeous, so I decided to hit up my county park and try to get in some hills. Of course, I couldn't tell when it closed (because of crazy daylight savings time) so I only had about 40 minutes. I ran for about 20-25 of those minutes, which is something. I'm counting it as the 2 mi. "rest" day that should have been Wednesday. I need to get up tomorrow morning and hit the road, though. Which means I need to get to bed now. But after running and dinner, we headed out to the bowling alley. I rolled rather eratic games (nothing like a 10th frame 0 after a 9th frame strike), but I did win one game. yay!

So, running, not so much this week, but even with my work commitments I am managing to have much more of a social life.

1 comment:

Katy said...

You will get back in to it after a few days away from work ... work sucks the energy out of everything.

"The miracle isn't that I finished. The miracle is that I had the courage to start."
-John Bingham, running speaker and writer