Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Well-Deserved Rest

First off, just want to send a shout-out to my newest lurker. Hey B! Glad to have you here. There are more lurkers than any of you know. (Yeah, Hollis, I'm talking to you. You're not the only one out there reading and not commenting.)

Yesterday, I took a well-deserved day off. Not only did I exercise my tushy off over the weekend, but I also managed to hurt my shin somehow. I didn't notice it until yesterday afternoon (so maybe I was sitting on it funny at work? I tend to sit on my ankles), so I'm not too worried about it. However, it did alert me that a rest day was OK. On my day off I continued to enjoy the butterflies float through town and took a trip to Costco to get some glucosamine with chondroitin with a coupon. I stocked up on a couple of bottles ($5 off a $23 product ain't too shabby).

I have also decided that I need to buy some new pants. I did run my pants through the high heat cycle of the dryer to shrink them down some. I'm not saying that I've been losing even 10s of pounds of weight, but enough that my pants are hanging off of me. It is not attractive.

Of course, today I took some not-so-deserved rest. Grades were due today (well, tomorrow at 9am, which is the same as saying tonight), so I was at school until 6:30. And, well, after all that grading, I took a mental health evening. I should be able to do some running tomorrow, though. Just gotta make it through three more days until SPRING BREAK! YEAH!!

No comments: