I got a little carried away with my Angels this morning. We had this earthquake drill that was county-wide... and scheduled for the middle of a passing period. Well, one minute into it. I told my class that I would be "getting mad" at them, and "holding them in" during nutrition "as a consequence" for their "behavior". They understood and played along (a little too well). They really got into it. As I was adding time to the board (that I would be keeping them after the bell), because they wouldn't stop taking/goofing off (they really wanted to make it look real), one girl tossed out, "Are you done?" "Not even close, bud." Before I knew it, I was right there with her quoting The Breakfast Club. We tossed out, "Does Barry Manilow know you raid his wardrobe?" and a few other choice comments. Most of the students even got the reference, which warmed my heart.
The girl who started us off is pretty down with esoteric pop culture. She's got good taste. She manages to fit in while not fitting in to the Top 40 gangsta hooligans at the school. Her attention to her education could be better, but I gotta respect her taste in music and movies.
Thursday, February 26, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Bein' bad feels pretty good, huh?
Post a Comment