Tuesday, February 24, 2009

We're Gonna Pump You Up

Well, I admit it. I did not get up at 5:30am today just to go to yoga. I woke up tired, and something kept running through my mind... "Today is supposed to be a rest day, so REST." So, I stayed in bed for awhile longer. But, all was not lost.

When I got home today, I hauled out my dumbbells and my Theraband and got to work. Some lunges (I've been advised against squats), some biceps and triceps, a few flies and some chest presses, toss in some crunches and a few stretches and I feel like I have still lived up to my obligations. I only skipped calf raises because I already have abnormally large calves (Rach, do you feel me on this one?). I even got to watch the President's speech at the same time. I might even have to excerpt the part about going to college and graduating from high school for my kiddies tomorrow.

Tomorrow is another "rest-ish" day. Thursday is big run, tomorrow is light running or cross-training. I do want to head to the Y and check out their climbing wall. It's about 30', so I should be able to get a pretty good workout out of a couple of climbs, and it'll help my non-existant upper-body strength.

Oh, and the crazy gym teacher (not crazy, loco-crazy, but crazy about health crazy) who is trying to get all of us teachers in shape was all excited when I told that I'd join the health challenge thing. She got even more excited when I asked her if she could help me find some nice places to run on the weekends -- she even wants to come with. I'm sure she'll be faster than I, but company can be nice.

1 comment:

The Buck Shoots Here said...

Once I met Dave, my calves lost their relative magnitude. That dude has some serious calves!